WEARING YOUR JEWELRY
1. Always put your jewelry on last, especially after you have finished applying your make-up, lotions, hairspray, perfume, etc.
2. When undressing, remove jewelry items first, this will help insure that necklaces, bracelets, and earrings don't get caught on your clothes and get damaged.
3. Don't wear jewelry in the bath or shower, remember water, soap, and other bath products can damage your jewelry.
4. Don't wear jewelry in the pool, chlorine and salt water can damage your jewelry.
5. RE: PEARLS: Pearls can deteriorate when exposed to certain elements. Don't expose them to products like perfume, cosmetics, household cleaners, or hair care products.
STORING YOUR JEWELRY
6. Store each piece of jewelry separately. If possible, place individual pieces in either a sealed plastic bag, cloth pouch, or in a jewelry case with separate compartments.
7. RE: PEARLS: Always store pearls, individually, because they can be scratched easily when metal or gemstones rub against them. Keep them away from direct light and heat sources. Remember that pearls are created in water, so exposure to heat and light may cause them to dry and crack.
CLEANING - DO's and DONT's
8. Gemstones, Crystal, Glass and Synthetic Beads: As needed, clean jewelry by wiping with a soft damp cloth and drying thoroughly.
9. Pearls and other Organic Gemstones: It's best to wipe this type of jewelry with a soft, lint-free cloth as soon as you take them off. The cloth can be dampened with water or it can be dry. If damp, allow organic gemstones to air dry before putting them away.
10. Sterling Silver Beads, 14kt Gold-Filled Beads, Silvertone/Goldtone Metal Beads: Use a jewelry polishing cloth as needed to keep your jewelry looking new.
11. Never clean jewelry or accessory items in an ultrasonic cleanser!
12. Avoid exposure to detergents, bleaches and ammonia-based products. Our copper products can be cleaned naturally by using any of the following: Lemon Juice+Baking Soda -or- Vinegar+Salt -or- Ketchup (To avoid damage, dip the item for 2-4 minutes and rub with a soft cloth/or toothbrush, rinse with water, and dry.)
CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ACCESSORY ITEMS
(Bookmarks, Eyeglass Chains, Keychains, Hair Accessories, ID Badge Holder Necklaces, and Wine Glass Charms)
13. Care for your Accessory items, just as you would care for your costume jewelry.
14. Clean accessories by wiping them with a soft damp cloth and drying thoroughly.
15. Store each accessory item separately. If possible place them individually in either a sealed plastic bag, cloth pouch, or in a jewelry case with separate compartments
IMPORTANT NOTE: The above-listed procedures are helpful in preserving the beauty of your jewelry and accessories. However, they do not guarantee that products will not tarnish or discolor (from misuse) over a period of time.